COVID-19 appears to have added another reason some people continue to avoid going to the dentist. However, dental practices, such as Blue Ocean Dentistry, have always exercised the highest standards of hygiene and dental safety. Dentists and dental hygienists and assistants thoroughly wash our hands often. We also wear clean sterile gloves for each patient and procedure. And we sterilize all tools between patients. Also, we safely dispose of needles and other gear after each use.
During the coronavirus pandemic, we have quickly adapted the necessary changes required to ensure the safety of our staff as well as our patients. These measures include how we receive patients to accommodate social distancing protocols and the extra dental safety measures we currently observe for every procedure.
Importance of dental care right now
Regular dental appointments help reduce serious issues with dental health. Many issues of concerning teeth and oral hygiene, if left unattended, can lead to serious health concerns. The best way to reduce dental health issues is with a regular cleaning every six months. During cleaning (aka prophylaxis) we also do a dental check-up to identify and address emergent problems.
Dentists have always taken precautions to protect our patients and ourselves from infectious diseases. We are also implementing extra safety measures now, many of which are included in the guidelines provided by the American Dental Association (ADA) and the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC).
Blue Ocean Dentistry, Glendora, where dental health is always important
The team at Blue Ocean Dentistry in Glendora remain as committed to our mission as ever. In fact, our attention to safety details has only increased since the onset of the coronavirus pandemic. We have expanded our care to ensure our patients’ safety.
Safety Measures at Blue Ocean Dentistry
Offering the best dental care in Glendora entails a few important steps. We follow these to ensure the dental safety of everyone who visits our practice. Here are just a few:
- Continue our policy of disinfecting all surfaces and tools after each patient.
- Disinfected each exam room between patients.
- Dispose of tools and equipment immediately after use. We stow them in sealed bins.
- We provide protective gear to each of our staff members. What’s more, we offer patients one-time-use disposable masks, in case they arrive without one of their own.
- We encourage online and phone consultations. We also stagger appointments to maintain social distancing guidelines.
- We perform a general health screening of all patients upon arrival. If patients are not feeling well, we ask that they change their appointment for another day rather than risking the spread of infection by coming in.
- We limit the number of people allowed in the waiting room at any given time. This reduces our patients’ risk of exposure to others who could be unwitting carriers of COVID-19. We also ask patients to come to their appointment alone requesting attendants and/or family members wait outside or in their vehicles rather than coming into the office.
About Dr. Fred Wong of Blue Ocean Dentistry in Glendora, California
Dr. Fred Wong and the staff at Blue Ocean Dentistry use the latest available dental treatments, equipment, and materials – all of which make a marked difference in our patients’ experiences. We are committed to helping our patients achieve optimal dental health. We creatively combine dental science and artistry — which can literally redesign your smile. Since even a subtle change in your smile will help you to project self-confidence and high self-esteem, we love helping you feel good about yourself. We deliver the finest dental care at the most reasonable cost and accept most dental insurance plans as well as CareCredit. For more about the dental treatment plans we offer or to schedule an appointment, call today (626) 852-6999.