Dr. Fred Wong and the staff at Blue Ocean Dentistry serve patients in and around their Glendora, California dental office. Located at 408 West Baseline Rd, Blue Ocean Dentistry is open Monday & Tuesday 8 a.m. until 5 p.m., Wednesday 10 a.m. – 7 p.m., Thursday 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. and Friday 8:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. The office is closed on Saturday and Sundays, except by appointment. To confirm these hours during the COVID-19 pandemic, please call our office (626) 852-6999.
All About Glendora
Approximately 25 miles east of downtown Los Angeles, Glendora is often referred to as the Pride of the Foothills. The city was incorporated in 1911 and has 52,000 residents. Other interesting trivia about Glendora, California:
- Blue Ocean Dentistry is located Glendora.
- Home to Gumby Fest, an annual event which began in 2014 to celebrate the iconic television cartoon character, Gumby.
- Like many other cities in the San Gabriel Valley, Glendora started off as a small citrus-producing community.
- Agriculture eventually gave way to residential development, so there are very few remaining orange groves.
- Glendora has a low crime rate.
- Most residents of Glendora are married (51%).
- The unemployment rate is exceedingly low, at 4.3 percent. (Of course, these stats were recorded prior to the COVID-19 pandemic, when unemployment hit record highs around the world.)
- The city boasts an excellent school district, with 80 percent of Glendora High School graduates going on to college.
- Camping and hiking in the picturesque scenery of the Glendora foothills. Grounds include a cabin that features kitchen facilities.
- Corporate headquarters of major U.S. and international firms. These include corporate giants, Rain Bird Sprinkler Manufacturing Company and the National Hot Rod Association.
- Entertainment includes: a 12-screen AMC movie theater, Top-Billing Entertainment Performance Academy trains and showcases local talent, the city’s parks and rec department and local churches offer a myriad of opportunities and fine arts’ classes. The Citrus Community College’s performing arts center also offers performances all year long.
- Glendora Country Club offers rolling fairways and lush greens skirted by sand bunkers and water hazards.
- Restaurants that specialize in virtually every available food category offer everything from fast food to fine dining. Thanks to Food Network, The Donut Man (located northeast of Blue Ocean Dentistry on Route 66) is a national treasure.
- Sports clubs offer child, youth and adult opportunities include everything from tennis to soccer to football to chess.
- Glendora Village is in the northern part of town, on Glendora Avenue. It offers specialty shops with personalized service and unique items.
- Citrus College is a community college with an enrollment of 12,000 students. It is the oldest public community college in Los Angeles County, serving surrounding cities such as Glendora, Azusa, Charter Oak, Claremont, Monrovia, and Duarte.
About Blue Ocean Dentistry & Dr Fred Wong
Dr. Fred Wong and the staff at Blue Ocean Dentistry use the latest available dental treatments, equipment, and materials – all of which make a marked difference in our patients’ experiences. We are committed to helping our patients achieve optimal dental health. We creatively combine dental science and artistry — which can literally redesign your smile. Since even a subtle change in your smile will help you to project self-confidence and high self-esteem, we love helping you feel good about yourself. We deliver the finest dental care at the most reasonable cost and accept most dental insurance plans as well as CareCredit. For more about the dental treatment plans we offer or to schedule an appointment, call today (626) 852-6999.